With the inevitable highs and lows of racing we can promise you ownership will never be dull! Surrey Racing offers you the chance to join the excitement in two simple steps 1) purchase of your share; 2) payment of a fixed monthly fee to cover training costs.
A few more details:
- Each horse will be owned by a syndicate of individual owners who can buy shares in multiples of 5%. Exactly how much this costs depends on the price of the horse bought but is likely to be in the region of £2,600 – £4,000 per 5% share. However, we intend to buy horses to run on the flat and over jumps at prices to suit all pockets and ambitions.
- The only other payment to be made by each owner is a monthly all-inclusive fixed fee of £175 per 5% share to cover training fees and miscellaneous administrative expenses such as transport, race entry, jockey fees, vets fees etc.
- Owners will share all winnings and any profits from sale of the horse in line with their ownership share.
- The minimum commitment from an owner is 12 months. Hopefully the syndicate provides the opportunity for a longer relationship, with the typical syndicate lasting 2-3 years. However we appreciate personal circumstances can change and so after 12 months an owner can leave with no further obligation.
The Benefits of Surrey Racing
You don’t need to be a sole owner to enjoy many of the benefits that ownerships brings. By joining a Surrey Racing Partnership you will have the opportunity to enjoy the following:
- Own a quality racehorse with a top trainer.
- Share in a percentage of all winnings and any profits from sale dependent on the size of your ownership.
- Two Owners badges guaranteed every time your horse runs.
- Enjoy an enhanced raceday experience with access to the Owners and Trainers Enclosure and the opportunity to view your horse and meet the jockey in the parade ring prior to the race.
- Regular visits to the stables to watch your horse on the gallops and meet with the trainer to discuss progress and plans.
- Regular social events with co-owners and trainers.
- Regular updates from Surrey Racing and access to a member of the Surrey Racing team 7 days a week to answer questions or queries.
- Surrey Racing is registered with the British Horseracing Association and the Racehorse Owners Association and operates through Weatherbys Racing Services for your reassurance.